The life sciences companies are looking for new board members and senior executives – and today’s challenging business, payor, and regulatory environment requires new skills. In a new episode of the MediStrategy podcast, learn how pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical diagnostics, and medical device firms find new board directors, chief executive officers, and other leadership talent.
Nona K. Footz, managing director of RSR Partners, explains how the needs of the life sciences industry have changed dramatically, with companies now seeking different backgrounds and experience for open board director and c-suite positions.
In a lively interview with Kip Piper, Ms. Footz:
- Explains what life sciences companies now look for in prospective board members and c-suite executives.
- Shares valuable insights into the search process and the needs of publicly traded and privately held companies.
- Describes how life sciences industry needs for talent have changed, including how firms are increasingly asking for board members savvy in health policy, Medicare and Medicaid coverage and reimbursement, and the ways of government health agencies, particularly the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and state Medicaid agencies.
- Explains how retained recruiters work for companies and ensure a right “fit.”
- Offers advice on working effectively with recruiters.
Listen to the interview on iTunes or see below for other options to listen and subscribe for free.
Nona Footz leads the life sciences practice at RSR Partners and is a member of their board of directors recruiting practice, where she spearheads the firm’s board assessment efforts. Nona is a national thought leader in the assessment and selection of board directors and executives and in developing high performing boards. With an executive background in her own right, including experience in sales, marketing, and corporate management, Nona came to RSR Partners from Korn/Ferry International, where she was a top client partner in the life sciences and global human resources practices.
Subscribe to MediStrategy Podcast for Free:
MediStrategy is available free on iTunes and popular smartphone apps, including Stitcher, Pocket Casts, and Apple’s Podcast. Subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcatcher app to automatically receive new episodes. You may listen anytime on your smartphone, desktop, laptop, or tablet. MediStrategy is also available free through SoundCloud and Libsyn.
The MediStrategy podcast covers hot business and policy issues in Medicaid, Medicare, and health reform, with interviews with leaders and experts and insights on health policy, finance, and business strategy. Health executives, policymakers, entrepreneurs, authors, and other influencers share challenges and opportunities in America’s rapidly changing $3.2 trillion health care system. MediStrategy is hosted by Kip Piper, a national expert on Medicare, Medicaid, and the Affordable Care Act and prominent consultant, speaker, and author.